I’m always happy to find a pattern that I can remake or play with. This week it was Doodle Bricks that got pulled out and turned into a quick little baby quilt using up more of those Botany strips I’ve been working with. The original pattern has horizontal rows of 2.5″ wide bricks separated with narrow sashing (you can see it here). This time I turned it sideways with the bricks running top to bottom – the finished quilt is about 34″ x 42″. I used some extra bricks to piece the backing, and did some simple straight line quilting.
That was 12 more strips from the Botany roll, plus Kona Snow for the sashing and pieced back. I’m already working on another quilt from the same roll for next week. Stay tuned!