Using those scraps … #1
I mentioned in my housekeeping post that I had a big bin of solid scraps that I was working through. I have loosely sorted them into groups that I liked (pastels, reds, darks, brights). This is the first top done:
I used mostly pastel scraps to make Malka Dubrawsky’s Fish Baby Log Cabin pattern that was published on the Sew Mama Sew blog last year. It’s just a big log cabin block, with the color changing in each round. It was a great way to use up scraps, as most of the strips are less than 2″ wide. I didn’t worry too much about my color placement, just using whatever I had to add the next round. I used more solids with shot cottons and leftover Heather Bailey dots from another quilt back to piece the back for this one:
I love Malka’s spiral quilting on her version. Mine has been put aside until I decide how to proceed with the quilting.
I’ve put together a nursery bundle with colors similar to the ones I used.
I’ve made a small dent in the scrap pile, but expect another 3 or 4 quilts still to come. Stay tuned!