FMF Giveaway winner
Thank you all for taking the time to leave a comment. Lots of ideas on what to do with a lovely bundle of Flea Market Fancy. Between the two blogs there were 99 responses. And the winner is #58 (#18 here). Congrats to M-R (I’ll be sending an email shortly).
The CQA show is over, I’m home and slowly getting things back in order. I don’t have any pictures of quilts, although I did take in the National Juried Show (no photos allowed) and a couple of smaller quilt exhibits. There was a lot to admire, and inspire. And I was completely charmed by Halifax during my stay. Here are just a few reasons why I need to go back.
- The public garden is stunning. The rhododendrons were still in bloom, and the sun was shining on the day I walked through. I’d take a book and a picnic lunch next time.
- Coconut cream pie at McKelvie’s. Delicious!
- East coast hospitality. We had amazing service everywhere we went, and the committee who organized the quilt show were unfailingly cheery and helpful.
- Coburg Coffee. This funky coffee house was 2 short blocks from my room in residence, and served up a lovely bowl of soup on a cold evening, as well as a few chai lattes to start my mornings.
- I only had one afternoon free to explore the city … not nearly enough time to see it all. I’ll be back!